#1 Super Tasty Pineapple Tomatillo Salsa
Pineapple Tomatillo Salsa that is just sweet enough to tickle your taste buds till you smile!
I am in love with a local salsa that features pineapples and tomatillos and has a nice sweet flavor to it. I had to create something similar for us to have at home, so we went and picked up tomatillos (they were surprisingly cheap!!), and a pineapple and headed home to do this from scratch. We ended up with a wonderful roasted sweet salsa that should have lasted us quite some time…until we tasted it. Then It was gone in an instant, and now its back on the grocery list! Here is the recipe below, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Let me know in the comments how it went for you and what you thought! Have you tried something similar?
- Pineapples bring out the sweetness to life
- Tomatillos really mix well together with the pineapples.
- Its not a salsa you regularly find
- Pineapples and Tomatillos love to be salsa!
- Simple to make and sweet and spicy! YUM!
Pineapple Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 Pound Tomatillos
- 1/2 Whole White Onion
- 2 Whole Jalepenos Seeded
- 1 Cup Cubed Pineapple
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 1 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Whole Limes Juiced
- Line a large sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Peel and cut the tomatillos in half and place on the sheet pan.
- Peel the onion and slice into quarters, place 2 quarters or 1/2 of the onion on the sheet pan.
- Cut jalapenos in half and remove seeds before placing on the sheet pan.
- Peel the two cloves of garlic and add to the pan.
- Carefully cut the top and bottom from your Pineapple and slice the skin off by standing it on one of the cut ends and slicing downwards to slowly remove the skin.
- Cut your peeled Pineapple into cubes and add to the other ingredients on the sheet pan.
- Turn your Broiler (we used our oven) on high and then place the sheet pan on the top rack.
- Allow the ingredients to cook for 15 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Once the ingredients are cooked, place then in your food processor or blender.
- Add your cilantro,lime juice, and salt and blend unto you have reached your preferred consistency!